Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Un chin update (a little update)



I have had quite a few interesting experiences since the last time I wrote. I went to the beach and this guy in the water had a dead eel in the water and he was scaring me with it. I am not afraid to admit that I hid behind the don while it was anywhere near me. My family got to the beach by their truck that fit 10 people. Three in the front and seven in the bed of the truck. I have also been learning how to use public transportation. It is different than anything I have ever seen. I have to ride a carro publico to school every day and that is a really old car, usually a toyota corrola that fits 4 in back and 3 up front. You really have to learn the ettiquette of who sits where so everyone fits in. The electricity is a little iffy here, especially in the barrios so sometimes the stop lights work and sometimes they don´t. You really hope everytime you get in the car that the driver will stop at those. Let´s see what else, oh yesterday I went to an agricultural fair with my family, it also had food and stands of things to buy. And there was this little girl that was in her dad´s arms and he was giving her mouth to mouth and people were screaming. My family says that she fainted, but it did not look like that to me and none of us actually saw what happened to her. I was very scared for her, and I hope that she just fainted and is okay. On a lighter note, I did see the biggest cow ever. It was huge! I think I have some pictures, so I will try to put those on here if I have time!

No comments: