Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Last Day in the States

Hey all, this is my first blog:) We will see how this goes. Today is the last day in the US...at least I hope it is. There was a group heading to Honduras this morning but the airport shut down with all the snow here. Now they can't leave until Saturday or Sunday. Since I have not packed for this weather-we had better leave tomorrow. Today I actually had a little fall into an icy ravine (aka a gutter) on the way home from dinner. That was a lot of fun.

My group has 33 people, mostly girls. There were two elderly people in their sixties but they have had some unfortunate incidents. The woman, Janet, she fell on the ice today and broke her arm and now can't go to the DR with us. They might let her go in September with the next group but it is still up in the air. We have yet to meet the guy, he has been stuck in Chicago for the past 3 days. We are all hoping that he will make it to the airport tonight sometime.

I am feeling pretty nervous right now about everything, even with all the orientation we have been going through I still feel like I know nothing and I have no idea what to expect. But, I think it is going to be pretty amazing and I am excited to be living on a tropical island:)

Wish me luck! I'll write back soon...I hope.

No comments: