Friday, April 27, 2007

Well tomorrow I move into my site permanently, so I am a little nervous! No more Americans or staff to spend time with. To celebrate this we all got in our last bits of Americanism yesterday. We went to the Embassy and ate in their restaurant and then swam in the pool. Where I had my first ever, hot running shower in this country. I think I might need to visit the embassy more often! And the food was pretty good too. For dinner we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and had appetizers, drinks and desserts. I think the PiƱa Colada's I had here was the best I have ever had:)

Today I am just getting ready. Trying to pack all my stuff into my bags and then considering whether or not I will be able to take my motoconcho ride with the driver, myself and my rolling duffel, and my back pack. Think I can do it? I am hoping so! But the motoconcho driver might just laugh at me when he says it all.

Well, as I said before I have no cell phone service and no internet in my site. So I am going to try and go into town at least every other week for mail, internet and phones. If I dont get back to you quickly dont worry(and dont forget to write!). It will come eventually.

Wish me Happy Birthday and talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

JenK said...

hey cindyyyyy! i love the pictures on your blog. hope your site is treating you well. if you ever have phone service you know you can call me. good luck and see you soon!

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday Cindy! Hope things in your site are going well. I can´t believe it´s only been a week since we were all at the Hard Rock! Seems like much longer. Good luck with everything. Talk to you soon!