Monday, April 9, 2007

La Semana Santa

This past weekend was a holy weekend so we all got Thursday afternoon through Sunday off. It was great:) Very relaxing. I went swimming in the river, took a hike, ate sweet beans which I actually liked, went to the monument in Santiago, and best of all...we went to McDondalds, ate ice cream and cake for my niece's birthday. That was a great day. I know McDonalds is not that great, but I associate it with the United States and American food, which any American food has become a delicacy here. Since most days all I get is beans and rice and we all know how much I love that. And actually the McDonalds here wasnt bad, they even toasted the bun:) This week is my last week in Los Coco's, and after that I move back to Santo Domingo for a few days and then off to my site. Which I find out where that is this coming Monday! Very exciting!

No comments: