Friday, May 9, 2008

Living the Life

Well I was told that some people live vicariously through me so I needed to update my blog. Sorry about that:) I have been busy, busy and things are changing here as well. Quite a lot has been going on here. I was having some problems with
the Dominican project partners that I was assigned too. They think
that I should be doing whatever they want me to do, which wouldnt be a
problem except they want me to basically drop the other things that I
was doing that are going really well to do only what they want. I had
a problem with that and said so to them and it evolved into endless
drama. Well, after I talked with my boss from the Peace Corps about
the situation we talked about me moving to the capital to be the Peace
Corps Volunteer leader for my sector. I think that means I´ll be
moving in July:) I am really excited about it in one way, ´because
then I dont have to deal with my project partners anymore, I will have
running water, electricity and cell phone service. But, on the other
hand I wont see the kids I work with now very often in the future, and
I wont have a gazillion fruit trees in my yard where I can have
passion fruit, pineapple, grapefruit, oranges, star fruit, mangos and
lemons at my desposal. I guess no one can have it all. Right now I
am trying to work out the details of changing jobs, getting a raise
and finding a place to live. I´ll let you all know as things unfold
here in the capital.

No comments: